Monday, December 15, 2014

Winter Break Movie Plans? How about Exodus?

I was reading this article in search of good movies to watch but noticed a few things instead. The movie Exodus was going through the life cycle of a product. I had never considered movies to be products but I understood when I realized that the movie was going through the development phase and looking to move into the growth phase.
It also mentioned that it in its opening, it had already reached certain demographics such as the religious segment. This in a way is sort of like market skimming where the new product that is introduced peels away "layers" of consumers based on consumer readiness to purchase the product and their perceived value (movie premieres and opening weekend tickets cost more than when the movie has been in theaters for a week).
Overall, it was a rather interesting read.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-report-exodus-knocks-mockingjay-105189351857.html

No comments:

Post a Comment